Search This Blog

Friday, March 4, 2011

& then the Storm came!

It was supposed to be a hurricane level storm. We battened down the hatches, lit all the fires, filled pots with water, put all the lose lawn chairs behind and in structures. It came, it took out the power, shut down the ferries, lost the best radio station ever, and swirled around from every direction but it wasn't all that bad. I've seen a lot worse here. Anyways, my cold came back again for the week and boy was I not well but am starting to recover and feel almost like my old self. Another painting is in the works of some lilies. I find flowers a little difficult but so far, so good. After that I'll start working on some Hornby scenes.

Crossing my fingers and toes for Spring to come soon. At least for my birthday. In the meantime, better go grab some more firewood ~ it's getting awfully cold in here!

No comments:

Post a Comment