Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Enjoying the Fall

It's been a very different Fall for me. I am so appreciative of the fact that I don't have to get up so early in the dark and drive that windy wet road to work every morning in traffic for over an hour (I do feel for my husband but luckily he doesn't have too much longer to go). It makes a huge impact on one's mood to know they can hang around outside and enjoy the fresh air every day if they want.

At any rate, the walks through the newly discovered trails have been fascinating with the huge array of mushrooms pushing their ways through the peat moss and displaying their intriguing shapes, sizes, colours, and patterns.

Halloween is such a community event on a small island and a great way to meet your neighbours and others around the island. There were lots of events going on and all the kids were dressed to the nines, so to speak.
I've not enjoyed Novembers too much in the past due to the signs of a long cold damp winter on its way however I seem to be having an excellent start to this November. I've actually enjoyed the wind, rain and power outages as well as extremely sunny weather which I've taken advantage of to spread my seaweed into the gardens and dig 180 bulbs into the ground. And, I have been able to partake in the over 55 club luncheon with a very interesting talk. This is a great way to get out and socialize and it happens once a week!

Anyways, on we go. We'll see if I'm still this happy after another month. All signs appear to be postive!

2 comments:

  1. it is truly a pleasure to hear how much you are enjoying your new world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Katt....haven't seen you on fb lately. I'm thinking you're busy on your novel or at school. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete