Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Some new paintings.....

Hello everyone,
I have added a few new paintings on my Acrylics page during the last month. I'm on a roll right now and am happy when I complete a painting because then I can start on a new painting and I am always surprised by the final outcome of whatever it is I am painting. They don't always look like how I envisioned them in the beginning. It is kind of like someone else taking over my brush and thoughts and going into another world when I paint. I love it but the fire goes out, the dogs don't get fed when they are supposed to and you never know where I might find paint when all is said and done.....on my front door, back door, window, drift wood windowsill, hair, nose, toes.......mostly my clothes!!! It's all good!

2 comments:

  1. NICE!
    Looks to me that maybe the spirit of Emily Carr has been taking over your brush hand.
    Makes me grin though because it's the same thing that happens when I write fiction. I begin and never know for sure where I will end up.
    Are you selling your paintings?.. If I ever sell a book I would love to own an original Crunch! Trouble is I quite love more than one!


    Sooooo glad you are enjoying your retirement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Katt... you are too kind. I have to say Emily Carr is one of my favourites as well as Van Gogh. Also love Emily's books - have you read them. I know you will sell your books and am so looking forward to that! I'm hoping to start selling paintings soon. I would like to have a small show maybe by the Spring. We'll see. Retirement is good! Karen

    ReplyDelete